Dresser unit turn into storage bench and vanity desk (DIY)

For many years I had this dresser in my room, it had 2 extra deep and long drawers in the bottom and 1 long with standard depth on the top.
 I remember filling up the two bottom drawers so much that the meddle one eventually collapsed, making the bottom one so hard to open and useless, they were never the same again. We though about throwing out the unit many times but something was always holding me back.



This year, me and my husband agreed that we would redecorate the house and I would have my own dressing room, so I decided that the dresser would be turned into something useful for my new room.
That's what I did!
I removed the 2 bottom drawers and made a bench, turning them upwards, placing them bottom with bottom and screwing the top using metal plates and some screws.

 I cut to measure a piece of soft foam, covered it with some fabric and stitched it by hand to make a cushion.  I attached some Velcro to the unit and the cushion to prevent it from sliding.

The bench can also be used as extra storage.

 
I finally covered the bench with some faux fur.

The rest of the unit, I'm using as my vanity desk.


and here is how the whole dressing room ended up looking.



Please leave a comment share and subscribe.

Thanks for visiting!!!


Comments

Popular Posts