Reupholstering my Sofas - Living Room Transformation 

                      After                                                                                 Before       

                                                      

Hello everyone!!! I started to watch a Interior Design competition on Netflix recently and got really inspired by how the designers deal with fabrics, and for my surprise, most of them knows how to sew. Working and studying to become a Designer my self I took the challenge to start sewing and after years trying to avoid a sewing machine, last week I purchased my first one. I’m terrified of needles and watching my mum using her machine I always had the impression that if I tried it I would probably sew my fingers together. But fears apart, I’m very glad I’ve a machine for myself. It is easier to use than I imagined (and so far all fingers apart). My first project is to reupholster my sofas. We have the original cover in light sand colour and after 5 years of intensive use,  it does not look as good any more, it became grimy and has some minor stains (considering that we have a small child in the house, It could be way worse). Nevertheless, I thought this could be a great way to inaugurate my sewing machine and make some new covers for my sofas.  I've starters with the stool and so far I’m very happy with the ending result. Let me know what you think. Please leave a comment and subscribe. Thanks!!! Xx

Comments

Popular Posts